WE ARE WELL ON THE WAY TO RE-OPENING!
The delivery of the last of our new display cabinets took place last week, and we are now busy preparing the displays ready for opening. As you may have heard, we are holding a “taster” session over the August Bank Holiday weekend so that you can see how we are doing – we won’t be ready for the full tour but please feel free to pop in and see how things are looking.
What can you expect to see when we are finished?
- The chance to walk through the history of Lutterworth by following a time line
- Exhibits ranging from Roman times to the present day
- Lutterworth’s history put in to context
- The famous Merlin and Whittle engines in a newly interpreted display
- Video and audio presentations which will hopefully enliven your experience
- Key timeline exhibits that will always be there, and other exhibits that we will rotate over time to keep the visitor experience as fresh as possible
- On going development of the displays which will involve more and more research, as we endeavour to bring more of our history to light
WATCH OUT FOR UPDATES ON THIS WEBSITE AND ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
And remember, if you want to add your name to our growing list of volunteers and become involved with the project, please let us know!
Welcome to Lutterworth & District Museum. We are an independent museum, staffed & run entirely by volunteers. Our aim is to collect and preserve the documents & artefacts which chart the history of Lutterworth & its surrounding network of villages from earliest times to the present day.
We’re located at our new site at “High Point”, immediately to the left of the Shambles pub, and we hope to re-open our doors to visitors for a “taster” session at the end of August 2022, with full opening hopefully at the end of September. Contact us to find out more.